News & Updates
“The Computing Folks, Once We’re Pointed at the Right Problem, We Can Solve It.” Article with Bruce MacLeod. Karin Fischer. The Chronicle of Higher Education. August 21, 2011. (Full version – PDF)
“Seizing the Mobile Health Opportunity.” Isobel Coleman, The Council on Foreign Relations (Blog). May 3, 2011.
“Health care by phone? There’s an app for that: Using mobile technology, a USM team helps bring medical care to the rural poor of Ghana.” John Richardson, The Portland Press Herald. 13 March 2011.
“Improving Maternal, Child Health – The MoTeCH Initiative.” Koku Awoonor-Williams, The Daily Graphic 8 Sept. 2010. (Full version – pdf)
“MoTeCH: Mobiles for Maternal Health | Unwired | 233 Tech.” Nana Kwabena Owusu, Ghanaian Tech News, Articles & Discussions. 233 Tech, 15 Feb. 2010
“MoTeCH: A Mobile Approach to Maternal Health Care | MobileActive.org.” Anneryan Heatwole, MobileActive.org | A Global Network of People Using Mobile Technology for Social Impact. 10 Feb. 2010.
“An Analysis of mHealth in Maternal and Newborn Health Programs and Their Outcomes Around the World” Tigest Tamrat and Stan Kachnowski, Maternal and Child Health Journal Online, First™, 21 June 2011.
“GHANA: Cell Phones Cut Maternal Deaths.” IRIN 1 Dec. 2009. Web.
MoTeCH Calling Newsletter:
- MoTeCH Calling #1, Why MoTeCH?
- MoTeCH Calling #2, What is MoTeCH?
- MoTeCH Calling #3, Introducing Simplified Registers to Community Health Officers
- MoTeCH Calling #4, Mobilizing Community Volunteers
- MoTeCH Calling #5, Setting the Stage – the Standardization of CHPS
- MoTeCH Calling #6, Community Introduction – The role of durbars
- MoTeCH Calling #7, MoTeCH Enrollment Process
- MoTeCH Calling #8, The Role of the Community Health Officer
- MoTeCH Calling #9, The Mobile Midwife Programme
- MoTeCH Calling #10, Talking with Mr. Kwame Bimpeh
- MoTeCH Report #1, Simplifying Health Information Management
- MoTeCH Report #2, Continuous Feedback and Review of the Simplified Registers
- MoTeCH Report #3, Health Information Capture and Feedback to Health Workers via Mobile Phones
- MoTeCH Report #4, Referral & MoTeCH: Clients Visiting both Health Centres and CHPS Zones